12.21.2012

Handmade Holiday Gifts

I'm a firm believer in handmade goods. The joy and creativity that comes with making something by hand has rewards that are incomparable. The moment I realized my skill at crochet and knitting, it seems like all I do is make gifts for others and I love it! I've also become more crafty at sewing, cutting and gluing - basically fine tuning the kindergartner in me.

The holiday season is the perfect time to craft up a storm and give gifts that you can't put a value on. The meaning and sentimental value is much higher than anything similar found in stores. Here are a few things that I crafted this season :


1. Knit Ribbed Cowl

Idea derived from H&M. Made with bulky grey yarn.



2. Knit Cable Gloves
Idea from ravelry.com. Made with worsted weight grey yarn.


3. Holiday Wreath
Idea from pinterest.com. Made with styrofoam circle, white yarn, red and green felt, faux berry twig, pearl tipped pins, hot glue


4. Christmas Stockings

Idea from various google images. Made with felt, interfacing and sewing machine.



5. Crochet Toddler Ripple Blanket
Pattern from ravelry.com. Made with Lion Brand Homespun yarn.










Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!