10.29.2012

Baby Holguin: Weeks 5-13

Not much has been happening with my preggo body in the last couple weeks but now is the time when all the fun begins! We've been keeping track of the progress through americanpregnancy.org and get so excited to receive our weekly newsletters that tell us the size and weight of our little lentil.. bean... tangerine.. apple!

The first trimester was a breeze - I am very lucky. My only symptoms of pregnancy were exhaustion and brief mood swings. I had no morning sickness (first hint to my gender prediction) and all in all I felt normal. I tried to work out as much as I could but I was so tired all the time that I always wanted to go to bed as soon as I got home from work. I noticed that change of course, when my stomach started to pudge and my thighs reflected last nights dinner. Now I am back on track to working out but have learned that you do need to be somewhat careful. Rule of thumb - if you did it before, you can do it now! As long as you keep your heart rate at or below 150 bpm. You don't want to make your baby work harder than it already is.

Speaking of baby, we are getting super pumped. It's crazy how fast he is growing. Now that I'm in the second trimester, I am even more convinced that I am having a boy. Here's why:

1.  No morning sickness. This seems to be a trend with boys.
2. Every dream I've had pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy are about boys.
3. My father-in-law had a very vivid dream of a baby boy.
4. I just feel it. And I can because I'm the mom!

Andrew thinks we are having a girl, and thats ok but I am very curious to find out who will be right. We have an ultrasound in two weeks and I'm crossing my fingers that we can see the gender at that time. I've been working on the nursery and am getting very excited to personalize it. I'm not going to go crazy with gender specific things but I want to make it his. Or hers. Baby bump photos coming soon!


This will most likely be baby's first beanie... 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!