6.02.2012

DIY Earring Holder

My earrings are usually a tangled mass of metal sitting on my dresser. I been using an earring holder made with an old window screen but I found it pretty annoying to try and fit the earring hooks through the tiny mesh holes - they would get stuck and when I tried to pull them out, about 20 other pairs would come out with them. I saw a lovely idea for an earring holder on Pinterest so I decided to create my own!

This entire DIY earring holder cost me $3.00! I found the picture frame at a garage sale for $1.00 and I found an entire spool of wire at Scrap for $2.00. The nails were free. Basically I hammered nails into the edges of the frame and wrapped the wire - tightly - around the nails. The wire was pretty slippery and somewhat difficult to keep a grasp on so I must admit, I started over quite a few times to get it right. However, it's finished and now I have a cute, decorative and easy to use earring holder!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!